40g softened butter or margarine
120g self-raising flour
120g caster sugar
For the frosting:
1tbsp raspberry jam
50g softened butter
200g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C/Gas Mark 4/Fan 160°C).
2. Line a muffin tin with 10 cupcake cases.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
4. Sift the flour and add to the sugar and butter. Mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
5. Beat in the egg. Stir through the yogurt until just combined.
6. Fill each cupcake case by two thirds.
7. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
9. When the cupcakes have cooled, prepare the frosting by beating the butter and jam until smooth. Add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Pipe or spread the frosting over the cupcakes.
Tip: You can substitute raspberry yoghurt for any other of your favorite fruit flavors.
Servings: 10 cupcakes
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 6
WW points plus: 7
Total fat: 7.8 g
Sodium: 15 mg
Total carbs: 43 g
Dietary fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 3 g