- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2" thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Reynolds Wrap non-stick foil works great! If you are using regular foil be sure to spray it well with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potato wedges in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon olive oil (more or less as needed to coat the fries), 1-2 teaspoons salt to taste, 1/2 - 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper to taste, and 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder to taste. Because sweet potatoes vary in size, the amount of seasoning you use will vary. Use more or less as needed. The more you make this recipe the easier it will be to 'guess' what is right for you. Toss the potatoes to coat them evenly with oil and seasonings and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Be sure the sweet potato wedges are in one layer and there is space around each wedge. Leaving space around each potato wedge is important for getting them a little crispy. If they are crowded they will steam and be soggy.
- Bake the sweet potato fries for about 15 minutes and then turn each fry over and bake another 10-15 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. Keep in mind the cook time will vary depending on the size of your fries. If they are thick like steak fries you will need to cook them longer. If they are thin you will want to shorten the cook time.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Healthy, Baked, Sweet Potato, Fries, French Fry, Side, Snack, Super Food, Vegetable,Root
Recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Easy Sweet Potato Fries with Curry Ketchup